Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aint Reality a Bitch?

Megan McArdle (August 12, 2008) - Dope fiends
Athletes are crazy competitive. They will do anything to win. Why not acknowlege that, rather than making fruitless rules? It's not "natural" or "fair", you say? But is there anything less natural or fair than sport? I will never be a good athlete because I don't have the genes for it--hours of practice would make me somewhat better than I am, but not good enough to compete with a decent JV athlete. Hardly fair, that I am shut out by accidents of birth. And as for natural, just imagine what our Homo Erectus ancestors would think if they could see us suiting up for a modern track circuit, swimming competition, or basketball game.


The time is coming when the average Joe is gonna have to come to grips with these facts. The sooner the better, if you ask me.

Intelligent drug use is a good thing, people.

No comments: