Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

There's a nice piece over at The Distributed Republic about Freedom, Empire and claims that state and large corporations are one in the same. One idea that jumped out at me was the following:

Yes, the US is, in essence, a free country | The Distributed Republic
There's a lot of wackjob blathering about how the "entrenched political class" screws over the helpless little guy. Bullshit! The little guy, for as low as $8 a trade, can profit off of anything pretty much anyone in this country does.




Next time I run into some wild-eyed expat punching above their weight in a discussion about the nature of the US economy, I think I'll ask them if they've placed a bet.

Talk is cheap.

2 comments:

Tunnard said...

I bet you a peso in ten years they're not all dead.

Robert Evans said...

Who? The wild-eyed expats?

Me thinks you'd win that bet.

BTW, have you seen this[1].

[1] http://www.longbets.org/362