Thursday, September 20, 2007

Supreme Leader Tax

I'm watching a talk on CSPAN from the AEI on Iran and I just learned of a 6% tax that is paid into the personal account of the Supreme Leader of Iran. Now I find this *really* hard to believe, so I went to google and I have yet to find anything authoritative.

I did find another blogger who thought this "fact" was blog worthy.

Makes corruption in Argentina look sophomoric, no?

Marathon Pundit: February 2007
The straightest of shooters, Iran expert and Pajamas blogger Michael Ledeen discusses with moderator Austin Bay the mullahocracy of Iran.

One thing I didn't know: Every purchase in Iran has a 5 to 6 percent "Supreme Leader tax" into the pocket of Ayatollah Sayed Ali Khamenei.

Ledeen knows of no other such "tax" among the world's nations.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: